Invitation To Serve As Rector & Archdeacon
Holy Trinity Procathedral Anglican Church
Houston, Texas 77083, 281-561-7262
Church size: 300 to 400 & Growing
Job Type: Full Time
Education: Must Have a Master’s Degree or Equivalent in Theology/Divinity.
Experience: Must be up to 10 years in ordained ministry with at least one preferment, with experience of at least 5-6 years as a rector of parish(s) as will be authenticated by resume.
Marital Status: Married preferred.
Holy Trinity Procathedral Anglican Church and the Bishop of the Diocese of CANA West, The Rt. Rev. Dr. Felix Orji are seeking a FULL-TIME Rector to serve a growing and dedicated church family within the Diocese of CANA West, located in Houston, TX. Holy Trinity Anglican Church and its members affirm that we are members of the one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church, and constituent members of the Anglican Communion through the Anglican Province of Nigeria, as well as under the ecclesiastical structure of the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA). The ProCathedral proclaims the full gospel of Jesus Christ and worships in an evangelical setting with a high regard for the beauty and depth of historic Anglican liturgy. We are committed to sharing the Great Commission of Jesus Christ found in Matthew 28:29: “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.” Holy Trinity Anglican Church being the Procathedral for CANA West implies that the Rector will also serve as the regional Archdeacon of Houston archdeaconry. This calls for some level of maturity in the person that will be elected and appointed Rector. Please find listed below the criteria for candidates wishing to apply. Candidates with the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Must be a born-Again Christian.
- Willing to become canonically resident in the Missionary Diocese of CANA West and to submit to the authority of the Diocesan Bishop.
- Experience in building effective worship, including biblical preaching and teaching
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills;
- Appreciation for and sensitivity to parish pastoral care of all ages and Socio-economic station;
- A firm belief in evangelism and discipleship;
- Committed to prayer and worship in the Anglican tradition;
- Mature (advanced) interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work with a Vestry and church committees, especially on issues that require discernment and compromise;
- Ability to set goals, develop plans to achieve those goals, and experience in managing annual and short-range project plans;
- Above-average financial expertise with the ability to understand financial statements, loan documents, and other financial reports.
- Models a life of integrity, holiness, and consistency in Spiritual growth.
- Ability to work with clergy in the parish and in the Archdeaconry and the Diocese- a humble team player.